Summary of Distance Learning Survey

June 28, 2020

Thank you to all parents who completed our end year distance learning survey. The results were insightful and will help inform our future practice in the area of digital learning.

Here is a summary of the results.

78% of respondents reported that our school’s communication was “excellent” during the closure. 20% reported it as “good” and 2% felt it was “reasonable”. No respondents reported our communication as “poor”.

77% of respondents felt their daughter spent an “adequate amount of time” doing schoolwork. Meanwhile, 16% felt their daughter “did not spend an adequate amount of time completing schoolwork”. 7% of respondents were unsure whether their daughter spent an adequate amount of time completing schoolwork.

56% of respondents felt their daughter’s anxiety levels had not increased since the closure. On the other hand, 44% of respondents felt their daughter’s anxiety levels had increased during this time.

8% of respondents reported supervising their daughter’s learning as being “very difficult” during the closure. 33% reported it being “quite difficult” and 59% reported it to be “not very difficult”.

96% of respondents stated that they made direct communication with their daughter’s teacher.

100% of respondents had internet access at home.

25% of respondents stated that their family did not have enough IT devices.

36% of respondents reported not having a printer or adequate ink as a difficulty.

50% of respondents stated that they did not have any IT difficulties during the closure period.

On a scale of one to ten, 84% of respondents rated Aladdin Connect as a nine or ten in terms of its helpfulness.

On a scale of one to ten, 80% of respondents rated our school’s use of Zoom as a nine or ten in terms of its benefit to their daughter.

On a scale of one to ten, 77% of respondents rated teacher emails as a nine or ten in terms of being able to effectively communicate with their daughter’s teacher.

Thank you for the insightful feedback and working closely with us during the closure.

Related News

Student of the Year 2020

Student of the Year 2020

Our student of the year Zara Daly finally had the opportunity to receive her trophy today. Over the last eight years, Zara made a massive contribution to school life in Duleek GNS. She is a worthy recipient of the award and we wish herself and the rest of the 6th...

LMFM

LMFM

Tune in to LMFM tomorrow morning at 11:30 to hear Ms Costigan and some of the 6th class students talk about their experiences in setting up and establishing their successful business. The class claimed the overall Class of the Year Award. A brilliant achievement for a...

Junior Entrepreneur Champions of Ireland

Junior Entrepreneur Champions of Ireland

A huge congratulations to Ms Costigan and her 6th class pupils for winning the prestigious Class of the Year Award in the Junior Entrepreneur Competition. Fourteen thousand children participated in this year's programme and the girls of Duleek GNS are worthy winners....