This part of the website will share some of the recipes and baking tips that some of our pupils have learned during this period.
Well done Chloe from 6th class. Great writing and the Mars Bar Squares look delicious too!
Thanks to Grace from 6th class who shared a very helpful recipe for making cupcakes and she has also shared some pictures of the finished product…. Yummy! Well done Grace and thanks for sharing.
Cupcakes by Grace
100g caster sugar 200g butter
100g butter/margarine 400g icing sugar
100g flour Vanilla Essence
2 eggs Small drop of milk to soften
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Put all the cupcake ingredients into a bowl and mix with a hand or stand mixer.
- Mix the ingredients until they are smooth
- Spoon the cupcake mixture into cupcake cases and bake for 15-20 minutes
- To make the icing, place the butter in a bowl with a small amount of icing sugar and mix.
- Keep gradually adding the sugar until it is gone. Beat until soft and smooth.
- Add a drop of milk if the icing is too stiff or you can add some food colouring at this stage.
- Put the buttercream icing into a piping bag and decorate.